Chateau Mouton Rothschild 2010

Chateau Mouton Rothschild
3450301102960
Add to cart
  • Description
  • More
  • Specifications

Chateau Mouton Rothschild 2010, included in the VAT and duty in the price

2010 Mouton Rothschild, which has a strikingly beautiful label by Jeffrey Koons. This is a truly great wine, with a very high percentage of Cabernet Sauvignon (94%) and the other 6% Merlot.

Tasting notes, Robert Parker, Wine Advocate 98+
The enormously endowed, backward, ferociously tannic, massively extracted 2010 Mouton-Rothschild exhibits an opaque blue/purple color as well as a tight but promising nose of incense, licorice, lead pencil shavings, vanilla, blackberries and cassis. Full-bodied in the mouth, extremely young, and tasting like a barrel sample, this remarkable effort requires 10-15 years of cellaring. It should age well for half a century or more. Drinking date 2024 - 2065
Chateau Mouton Rothschild 2010 the label

Baroness Philippine de Rothschild has given without hesitation to this emblematic figure of contemporary art, the label of the illustration for the latest, the 2010 Mouton. For this vintage, Jeff Koons revisits his way antiquity, the a Birth of Venus, famous fresco from Pompeii whose silver design transforms into the Ship Venus . The whole course in the shade and measuremt. About Jeff Koons, Born in 1955 in York, Pennsylvania , studied Fine Arts in Baltimore and Chicago. Since 1976 moved to New York.

The vintage

Winemaker Philippe Dhalluin told me that the 2010s spent a little longer than usual in barrel and this was bottled in July. The Mouton-Rothschild 2010 has wonderful delineation on the nose that is refined, perhaps a little more linear than recent vintages, actually reminiscent of the superlative 2006 in style. The Cabernet Sauvignon is very expressive as one hoped since it contributes 96% of the blend. The palate is medium-bodied with a very expressive entry: blackberry, a thread of graphite, a touch of citrus fruit and a delicate touch of blueberry. It is tightly coiled; perhaps more so than Chateau Margaux at this point, but there is a dormant power that should be unleashed with ten years in bottle. This is an immense Mouton, its silky finish penetrating and unfathomably long. Tasted November 2012.

(98-100 pts)
Of all the First Growths, Mouton has perhaps the most seductive bouquet with macerated black cherries, creme de cassis, blackcurrant, mint and cedar all with very fine delineation but a drop more opulence than say, Lafite or Latour. The palate is full-bodied with saturated, ripe tannins, layers of pure blackberry and dark cherries intertwined with a touch of blueberry. Very good grip, very smooth and flirting with the idea of ostentatiousness...but 2010 is not that kind of vintage and the Cabernet defined the finish with graphite and a touch of, what almost feels great minerality, much more so than the 2009. Great length and poise, this actually reminds me of the stupendous 2006. Drink 2020-2050. Tasted March 2011.

Michael Schuster

97-99
1st Growth Pauillac (49% harvest, ca 35hl/ha, 14.2%) [94CS/6M] Ripe blackcurrant and clear mineral to smell, real depth and density; rich, elegant, fairly concentrated wine with a fresh acidity and very fine, dry tannin, noticeably cabernet in flavour and style; fresh, cassis cored, fine gravel scented flavour, a sweet, generous fruit of great complexity and minerality, but presented with remarkable delicacy; a subtle richness and flesh, very long and complex to taste, with a marked Pauillac spice, great freshness, definition, and tremendous, spicy, fruit fragrant length. A most beautiful Mouton, a sort of super 1996 in style. 2025-50+ [M.Schuster, Bordeaux Mar/Apr 2011]

Wine Spectator

95-98
Another battleship in the making, with a massive core of red currant, plum and blackberry fruit laced with iron and roasted apple wood and backed by massive grip. Despite the heft, this is sleek and long, with terrific poise. Tasted non-blind. -J.M.

James Suckling

100
This is pure Cabernet Sauvignon magic with incredible aromas of currants, blackberries and light spices. Tiny hints of hazelnut. Wet earth. Full body, with super velvety tannins. The purity of fruit is breathtaking. It goes on for minutes. This is 94% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Merlot. Try after 2020.
Chateau Mouton Rothschild 2010 The wine are 70cl bottle size

All boxes are recyclable

Vat and duty is included in the price

Free delivery over 24 bottles

You can choose the delivery date after you checkout